The West Georgia Technology Competition (formerly the West Georgia Technology Fair) is an annual technology competition for students in the West Georgia Region of the state of Georgia. The West Georgia region includes students who attend public schools, private schools, and home schools in Carroll County, Carrollton City, Coweta County, Fayette County, Harris County, Heard County, Meriwether County, and Troup County.
Students in surrounding counties outside the West Georgia Region and without a region are welcome to participate in our competition. To participate, you must get the approval of the director. A decision will be based on several criteria including space available.
Students who would like to participate in the Technology Competition are encouraged to begin working on their projects early to allow time to create an excellent project.
Regional Competition will be Friday, January 26, 2018 at the Don W. Nixon Centre for Performing and Visual Arts in Newnan, Georgia. The Registration Deadline: Wednesday, January 10, 2018. ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES CAN TAKE PLACE AFTER THIS DEADLINE DUE TO THE SHORT TURN AROUND TIME WE HAVE TO PREPARE THE SCHEDULE, JUDGE MATERIALS, ETC.
The registration website has been replaced and totally rebuilt by new vendor. At the end of the registration process, you will be given a registration confirmation. We suggest that you print this registration confirmation.
IF you have any issues registering on this new site please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) so I can investigate the situation.
- We have a slight name change. We have chosen to also drop the word “Fair” from our name and replace it with “Competition”. This is to reflect the new name of the state fair (Georgia Student Technology Competition).
- Some categories will be better defined sometime in early October. Category names, descriptions, and Rubrics may have some minor clarification.
- The registration site is now open.
|9:00||Judge interviews begin|
|12:00||Judging interviews complete|
|12:30||Award Ceremony Begins|
We will make every effort to keep to the schedule and will move it along when possible by calling students early for judging times. Participants can help by being ready to present should their project is called early. Students should report to the entry area to the judging area between 5 and 10 minutes prior to their judge interview time.
Upon arrival to the Technology Competition, please have one person stop by the check-in desk at the main entrance to turn in release forms and check-in.
Many thanks to our sponsors:
(1) Please do not create duplicate registrations. If you discover a mistake after you submit your registration please contact the regional director by email (email@example.com) or by phone (706-675-3687) with any corrections.
(2) Please do not use the BACK button to start a new registration. A link is provided on the confirmation page (top right) for each registration to start a new form. (Use of the back button causes the form to be rejected and will cancel the registration.)
(3) Students who are selected as first place winners are invited to participate in the Georgia Student Technology Competition (held in March each year). The Georgia Student Technology Competition will be held at Middle Georgia State College (formerly Macon State) in Macon, GA.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Should there be inclement weather on the scheduled day of the West Georgia Technology Competition please check the Atlanta televisions stations for school closings. In the event the Coweta County Schools are closed, we will reschedule for a later date. The date and location, should we have to relocate, will be announced on this website and will be emailed to all registered advisers as soon as possible.
(c) 2011-2017, West Georgia Technology Competition and/or Georgia Student Technology Competition (GaSTC), All Rights reserved.