The West Georgia Technology Fair is an annual technology competition for students in the West Georgia Region of the state of Georgia. The West Georgia region includes students who attend public schools, private schools, and home-schools in Carroll County, Carrollton City, Coweta County, Fayette County, Griffin-Spalding County, Harris County, Heard County, Meriwether County, and Troup County.
Students in counties outside the West Georgia Region are welcome to participate in our fair. To participate, you must get the approval of the director. A decision will be based on several criteria including space available.
Students who would like to participate in the Technology Fair are encouraged to begin working on their projects early to allow time to create an excellent project.
9:00……………………………………………….JUDGE INTERVIEWS BEGIN
12:00…………………………………….JUDGING INTERVIEWS COMPLETE
APPROXIMATELY 12:30……………………..AWARD CEREMONY BEGINS
We will make every effort to keep to the schedule and will move it along when possible by calling students early for judging times. Participants can help by being ready to present should their project is called early. Students should report to the entry area to the judging area between 5 and 10 minutes prior to their judge interview time.
Upon arrival to the Technology Fair, please have one person stop by the check-in desk at the main entrance to turn in release forms and check-in.
Many thanks to our sponsors:
- THERE HAVE BEEN SOME CHANGES IN SOME OF THE CATEGORIES THIS YEAR INCLUDING UPDATES TO THE RUBRICS. These changes may affect the category in which a project could be judged in addition to the requirements for the project. Some categories have been combined and others restructured to make them more up-to-date. PLEASE READ THE CATEGORY DESCRIPTIONS AND CHOOSE THE BEST CATEGORY FOR THE PROJECT.
Major changes include:
— “Animated Graphic Design” has been renamed “Animation”.
— “Case Modification” has merged with Hardware to create new category entitled “Device Modification”.
— “Hardare” had merged with “Case Modification” to create new category entitled “Device Modification”.
— “Device Modification”, a new category, is a 3-12 grade category.
—“Digital Audio Production” has been renamed to “Audio Production”.
—“Digital Photography” has been renamed to “Digital Photo Production”. The project has changed to require original student photograph. Also, the student must present with the project using the original source files to show edits.
— “Digital Video Production” has been renamed “Video Production”.
— “Game Design” has changed the requirement of a title screen and directions to include intuitive menus and UI. It has also has removed the requirement for a story or narrative.
— “Individual and Team Programming Challenge” has been renamed to “Technology Programming Challenge”.
— “Mobile Apps” was updated in the description to include more modern terms and examples. It also was change the requirement of running the App on a device to include simulators as well. Finally, the category was changed to require student pre-planning materials.
— “Non-Animated Graphic Design” was renamed “Graphic Design” and the description was updated to specify the project must be non-animated and computer generated. A new requirement has been included to require source files.
— “Project Programming” was updated to include modern languages with slight modifications to mastery wording.
— “Web 2.0 Internet Applications” was renamed “Internet Applications”.
AGAIN, PLEASE READ THE CATEGORY DESCRIPTIONS AND CHOOSE THE BEST CATEGORY FOR THE PROJECT.
REMEMBER ONCE A PROJECT HAS BEEN REGISTERED IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO CHANGE. THE PROJECT WILL BE JUDGED BASED ON THE REQUIREMENTS OF THE RUBRIC.
- Judge interview times have been changed from 20 minutes to 15 minutes. This change is to reflect the newly revised interview time allowed for at GaETF (state). It will be even more important to be waiting at the judging room area for your interview when the judge calls for you. Remember, judges must adhere to a strict schedule.
- We have added two new regions. We would like to welcome Fayette County Schools and Griffin-Spalding Schools to our Regional Technology Fair.
- Our Consent form is being revised and will not be ready until later in the year. Please check back here for more information later.
- Clarification: The projects entered in the GaETF do not qualify for fair use under the copyright law. The GaETF is not an educational organization but rather a project of the Georgia Educational Technology Consortia which defines itself as “…a non-profit corporation independent of any educational or commercial entitie…” As such, the WGTF must adhere to the same guidelines in regard to copyright on the chance a project goes to the GaETF (state).
Please do not create duplicate registrations. If you discover a mistake after you submit your registration please contact the regional director by email (email@example.com) or by FAX (706-675-3687) with any corrections. Also, please do not use the BACK button to start a new registration. A link is provided at the end of each registration to start a new form. (Use of the back button causes the form to be rejected and will cancel the registration.)
The event is scheduled for Friday, January 22, 2016 at The Coweta Centre for Performing and Visual Arts in Newnan, Georgia.
Students who are selected as first place winners are invited to participate in the Georgia Educational Technology Fair (held in March each year). The Georgia Educational Technology Fair (also called the State Technology Fair) will be held at Middle Georgia State College (formerly Macon State) in Macon, GA.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Should there be inclement weather on the scheduled day of the West Georgia Technology Fair please check the Atlanta televisions stations for school closings. In the event the Coweta County Schools are closed, we will reschedule for a later date. The date and location, should we have to relocate, will be announced on this website and will be emailed to all registered advisers as soon as possible.
(c) 2011-2016, West Georgia Technology Fair and/or Georgia Educational Technology Fair (GaETF), All Rights reserved.