The West Georgia Technology Competition (formerly the West Georgia Technology Fair) is an annual technology competition for students in the West Georgia Region of the state of Georgia. The West Georgia region includes students who attend public schools, private schools, and home schools in Carroll County, Carrollton City, Coweta County, Fayette County, Griffin/Spalding, Harris County, Heard County, Meriwether County, and Troup County.
Students in surrounding counties outside the West Georgia Region and without a region are welcome to participate in our competition. To participate, you must get the approval of the director. A decision will be based on several criteria including space available.
Students who would like to participate in the Technology Competition are encouraged to begin working on their projects early to allow time to create an excellent project.
Regional Competition will be Friday, January 18, 2019 at the Don W. Nixon Centre for Performing and Visual Arts in Newnan, Georgia. The Registration Deadline: Wednesday, January 9, 2019. ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGES CAN TAKE PLACE AFTER THIS DEADLINE DUE TO THE SHORT TURN AROUND TIME WE HAVE TO PREPARE THE SCHEDULE, JUDGE MATERIALS, ETC.
IMPORTANT REMINDER: All school systems must enter their projects in a district level competition and send only 1st place winners from the district competition. Most regions have already submtted the name of the district coordinator. We have identified the following people as the district coordinators:
|Caroll County||Heather Scott|
|Coweta County||Donald White|
|Fayette County||Jeff Eller|
|Harris County||Kathy Hall (unconfirmed)|
|Heard County||Amanda Stephens|
The registration website was replaced by a new vendor last year. We are continuing to improve and expand the capabilities of this site. At the end of the registration process, you will be given a registration confirmation. We suggest that you print this registration confirmation.
(1) Please do not create duplicate registrations. If you discover a mistake after you submit your registration please contact the regional director by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone (706-675-5764) or fax (706-675-5764) with any corrections.
(2) Please do not use the BACK button to start a new registration. A link is provided on the confirmation page (top right) for each registration to start a new form. (Use of the back button causes the form to be rejected and will cancel the registration.)
(3) Students who are selected as first place winners at our regional are invited to participate in the Georgia Student Technology Competition (held in March each year). The Georgia Student Technology Competition will be held at Middle Georgia State College (formerly Macon State) in Macon, GA.
IF you have any issues registering using this new site please contact me (email@example.com) so I can investigate the situation.
IMPORTANT UPDATES FOR 2019
- The most important change for the 2019 competition: We now require all school districts to have a district level competition and may submit only one project per grade division category to the regional competition.
This is now required because our region has grown much larger over the last 3 years and with the physical size of our region (in distance traveled) we have less time to judge the projects. Our region is now made up of 9 school districts plus we are required to include home-school students and private schools within our region.
There is not a mandated procedure required for deciding first place winners at your regional competition. You may choose to follow the basic guidelines we have established or make up your own procedure. However, it is important that the submitted projects meet the rubrics/project descriptions established by the GaSTC.
- With the new district-level requirement, we will need a name and contact information for the district coordinator(s). Please email this information to firstname.lastname@example.org when that decision has been made.
- Another major change: The Technology Literacy Challenge is no longer available. The GaSTC has dropped this category.
|9:00||Judge interviews begin|
|12:00||Judging interviews complete|
|12:30||Award Ceremony Begins|
We will make every effort to keep to the schedule and will move it along when possible by calling students early for judging times. Participants can help by being ready to present should their project is called early. Students should report to the entrance to the judging area between 5 and 10 minutes prior to their judge interview time.
Upon arrival to the Technology Competition, please have one person stop by the check-in desk at the main entrance to turn in release forms and check-in.
Many thanks to our sponsors:
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
Should there be inclement weather on the scheduled day of the West Georgia Technology Competition please check the Atlanta televisions stations for school closings. In the event the Coweta County Schools are closed, we will reschedule for a later date. The date and location, should we have to relocate, will be announced on this website and will be emailed to all registered advisers as soon as possible.
(c) 2011-2019, West Georgia Technology Competition and/or Georgia Student Technology Competition (GaSTC), All Rights reserved.